Last updated: May 25th 2018
- 1. Payment
- 2. What is PointWorld A/S?
- 3. What are the benefits of a Premium membership on PointWorld?
- 4. Special Premium membership campaigns at a reduced price
- 5. IMPORTANT! We will send you an email. It may end up in Junk mail
- 6. The general terms for Premium membership
- 7. I'm new at PointWorld. What now?
- 8. No thanks! Termination of membership and information regarding the binding period
- 9. Information regarding withdrawal
- 10. Abuse. What happens when you misuse PointWorld
- 11. Invoicing and factoring
- 12. Limitation of liability
Payment is made via a SSL encrypted connection. The payment is handled by PointWorld A/S and will appear as "PointWorld.com/premium" on your bank statement.
You are buying the service from:
Ved Stranden 22, 4. TH.
PointWorld A/S runs the website pointworld.com.
2. What is PointWorld A/S?
PointWorld A/S is a website where you can earn points by taking surveys, taking part in market research, participating in competitions, visiting websites, playing games, making use of good offers as well as much, much more. On virtually everything you do, you earn points. You also can buy points, and when you have enough points, you can spend them.
3. What are the benefits of a Premium membership on PointWorld?
A Premium membership on PointWorld is a service that runs on a subscription basis. A Premium membership gives loads of extra benefits as a user on PointWorld. It allows you to earn more points and spend less points.
4. Special Premium membership campaigns at a reduced price
PointWorld will now and then provide special Premium member promotional offers where you can gain access to the Premium membership benefits for a limited period at a reduced price. The price is stated on the website/offer site also the trial period. In some cases you can also get a welcome gift upon signing up. The gift will be dependent on the specific campaign. Delivery of a promotional offer will depend on the offer taken. After validation of your identity the promotional offer will be shipped to the confirmed address. Shipping is typically 4-14 days from the address have been confirmed.
5. IMPORTANT! We will send you an email. It may end up in Junk mail
For you to be able to redeem your welcome gift as easy as possible, we have developed an online tool specific for this. You will find link and guide in the order confirmation email. It is important that you keep an eye on whether you get this email, because the email could possibly land in your junk folder. If you do not receive this email after your purchase, then you must contact our Customer Care.
6. The general terms for Premium membership
When you buy a subscription to PointWorld, we will automatically upgrade your account to a Premium member, and you can immediately make use of your advantages. The Premium membership works in the way that you will stay a Premium member until you unsubscribe (please see cancellation terms below). When you agree to the subscription you simultaneously agree to make these automatic payments for the full amount of //RENEWAL_PRICE// € for 30 days (if Gold membership was selected), up until the subscription is ended.
PointWorld may offer promotional campaigns to new subscribers as part of a special introductory offer. Premium introductory membership usually costs between 1.00 € - 5.00 €. The price depends on which campaign, that you want to use. The introductory period will usually be between 5 and 14 days.
Please note that prices and charges are subject to change. If you do not agree to the change, you may cancel your subscription in your Self-service page or by emailing [email protected]
Your monthly subscription price, which usually cost //RENEWAL_PRICE// €, can be split into smaller deductions, or downgraded to another pricing model as an automatic service after sign up. If this change occurs your receipts will reflect the new subscription price.
7. I'm new at PointWorld. What now?
8. No thanks! Termination of membership and information regarding the binding period
You can always cancel your current subscription, there is no binding period. Termination can occur through the Premium self-service area on PointWorld. Please note that your subscription can not be unsubscribed online within the first 24 hours after it is made due to the technical reasons of setting up your new account. It can however be done by calling our Customer Care number within these first 24 hours. Please be aware if you do not unsubscribe your Premium membership subscription before the end of an eventual trial period, then your trial membership will automatically turn into a Premium membership at the normal price.
If you terminate your subscription then no further payments will take place, that is unless you choose to reactivate the subscription, or you create a new Premium subscription at a later date. The termination of the subscription does not affect the benefits that are enabled on your PointWorld user account for the period that you have already been paid for. PointWorld will auto send an acknowledgment of your termination to the email address you used when signing up. Non-receipt of the acknowledgment does not affect the validity of the termination. It is solely the registration in PointWorld’s customer database that matters, as it is the customer's responsibility to have entered in their email address correctly, it is also up to them to ensure that emails are not deleted or landing in a spam filter. Please contact our Customer Care if you are unsure about how to prevent that from happening.
If you terminate your Premium membership, it is not the same as you deleting your user account. This must be done later if you do not wish to remain a regular user on the website.
9. Information regarding withdrawal
Your purchase of the Premium membership is accompanied by the statutory withdrawal period. You can only cancel your initial purchase if you have NOT used your subscription. You take your subscription in to use the moment you complete the purchase and log on to www.pointworld.com. If you want to use this right, you must immediately after the initial purchase log off and not log on again. Then you should contact the Customer Care team by telephone to inform them that you regret your purchase. You will then get your subscription cancelled and receive a form which you must complete and return, then after this, your money will be refunded. Since you have entered into an agreement for a subscription service, it is only right to cancel this agreement and not in connection with the running payment.
10. Abuse. What happens when you misuse PointWorld
It is only allowed to have one Premium membership per PointWorld user, and only one PointWorld user account per person. In case of violation of this condition, PointWorld can at any time cancel the agreement and delete any points awarded/earned. This also applies to points which have been given by special Premium member promotional offers, or any points earned in connection with the Premium membership. By misusing the website you also lose the right to a refund of the money you may have paid to PointWorld for a Premium membership.
You, as a PointWorld user can only use one Premium membership campaign (at the reduced price) once every 6 months. Violation of this will also lead to cancellation of the agreement and any points that may have been obtained in connection with this. PointWorld also reserves this right not to refund the money may be paid for the invalid Premium membership.
11. Invoicing and factoring
PointWorld reserves the right to issue both digital af physical invoices if a customers order or Premium membership is not followed through with a payment by creditcard. Invoices can be issued by a third party as PointWorld reserves the right to use so called factoring-methods. Furthermore the customer agrees also that all communications relating to this trade is covered by RPL § 154a on a agreement to electronic and telephone communication between the parties in this trade.
12. Limitation of liability
PointWorld A/S assumes no further responsibilities than what PointWorld A/S is bound to by Danish law. In case of a dispute or controversy the parties submit all their disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Denmark.
The following applies from May 25th 2018
Which personal information do we gather from you?
When you gain access, sign up, participate in, create an account or in other way uses our services, we can collect personal information about you. The personal information, we collect, depends on the circumstances and the services you use, but can consist of the following:
Personal information which you actively provide us
- Name, e-mail, phone number and address
- Payment information
- User identification, included username for login, password, secret question and the answers of this
Personal information which you actively provide us
- Your purchase references, i.e. if you react on ads or campaigns
- IP address
We can also gather other information about your use of our services through cookies and similar technologies.
Personal information gathered from third party
We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we receive from third parties and through your use of websites, products or services offered by other companies in our group, CM Network Holding ApS ("CMN"). This can for example Include information we receive from third parties who provide our payment solutions in order to enable payment when using our Services.
What happens, if you connect your social media services with our service?
You can use your account on social media services, for example. your Facebook account, to connect to some of our Services, such as when you create an account on our Services. If you choose to do so, we collect certain information about your social networking account for the purposes described under "Why do we gather your personal information". We collect only such personal information as is necessary to perform the Services you request by logging in to your social media account.
Why do we gather your personal information?
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
For the sake of our contractual relationship:
- To handle payment for your account and to deliver order and invoice information to you
- To keep track of your purchases in order to ensure that we can provide you with the services that you are entitled to
- To communicate with you about your subscription, account or purchase of our Services
- To inform you about changes in our Service
- To provide offers, news, information, products or services that you request from us
For legitimate purposes:
- To share your information with other companies within the CMN Group when necessary for administrative purposes or for the deliverance of our Services to you
- To use IP address or other information required to block the malicious use of our Services for the purpose of protecting our Services or otherwise enforcing or using our Terms and Conditions
- To provide information in a merger and acquisition process for business and strategic management purposes
- In order to provide you with offers, news, information, products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, including tailor-made advertising, it relate to your likely interests
- For analysis and statistical purposes
- To establish, exercise or defend legal requirements
For marketing purposes:
- To send you newsletters if you have consented to this, which may also contain offers, news or information related to our Services and / or other products and services in the CMN Group which we believe may be of interest to you. Please note that at any time you can unsubscribe from the newsletter by changing your account preferences on your account page.
- We may also process your personal information if it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation or decision of an authority.
What legal basis in GDPR is the processing of your personal data based on?
The processing of your personal information for the purposes described below:
- Point (A) is required for the conclusion and fulfillment of our obligations following our agreement with you;
- Point (B) is required for our legitimate interests in developing, managing, protecting and marketing our Services as well as from a business and strategic perspective;
- Point (C) will only occur if we have received your consent to such treatment;
- Point (D) is required to comply with legal obligations.
Is it mandatory for you to provide your personal information?
Personal information that we request from you and which is marked "mandatory" in any way, such as using the * symbol, is required for us to provide our Services (for legal, contractual, administrative, technical or similar reasons ). However, some of your personal information may only be required if you use specific features, enable optional parts of the Service, or request access to certain resources, offers, promotions, programs, or similar from us or our affiliates. This will you be informed about before collecting such personal information from you.
Who can we share your personal information with?
The partners, sponsors and advertisers
We can share your personal information with our collaborators and sponsors when you participate in surveys and competitions in the Service. In addition, we may also share your personal information with our collaborators and advertisers, but only after you have requested it or assent that you have consented to it.
As described, we may also use aggregated information to monitor the use of our Services in order to help us improve and develop our Services, and we may make such aggregated information available to third parties, such as. content partners or advertisers. Aggregated information does not include personal information and can’t be linked to you.
Third parties for security or other legitimate reasons
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we reasonably have reason to believe that disclosure of such personal information is necessary:
- In order to comply with applicable legal obligations, including applications, court orders, government requests or search warranties, or otherwise required by law;
- To protect our rights or property, or the safety of our customers or employees;
- To protect against fraudulent, malicious, misuse, unauthorized or illegal use or subscription to our Services and to protect our network, Services, Devices and Users from such use;
- To promote or defend against complaints or legal claims in court, administrative cases and procedures and the like;
- To assess credit risk, for reporting purposes or to receive payment for our Services;
- To external auditors and supervisors
Access to other CMN sites
Where do we process your personal information?
How long do we store your personal data?
We will keep your personal information only as long as we consider it necessary to fulfill our purposes as described above under "Why do we process your personal information". Then we will delete or, in some cases, anonymize your personal information. We regularly check whether we have saved personal information to be deleted. Since we process your personal information for different purposes, the actual period of personal information will vary.
Typically, the following deletion deadlines apply:
|Data type||What is it?||Deletion deadline|
|User data||User data is information about, how you use the service and which rewards you use.||Until the account is deleted (is processed in 5 years)|
|Customer service data||Customer service data is information that you provide when you are in contact with PointWorld’s customer service and voice recordings made for educational purposes.||
3 years (call logs and text dialogs)
1 month (voice recordings)
|Account information||Account information is information about your account, such as username, password and purchase information made in the PointWorld service.||Until deletion of account|
|Transaction data||Transaction data is information about transactions made on your account in connection with purchases made in the PointWorld service||10 years|
How do we protect your personal information?
Protecting your personal information is important to us. All personal information you provide us is stored on secure servers and we have strict procedures to protect against loss, abuse, unauthorized access, change, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. Any payment transactions will be encrypted by industry standard technology and subject to PCI security standards.
While we work hard to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that our security measures prevent any unauthorized attempts to access, use or disclose personal information. However, we maintain safety and incident plans, including plans for handling any breach of data security, in case of a physical or technical incident to handle this in a timely fashion and limit any adverse effect of such an incident.
How can you access your personal information?
We understand that sometimes you may need additional information from us about your personal information and how they are processed or that you may want to update or correct the personal information you have given us. Therefore, you include the following rights:
- Right to access your personal information: You are entitled to be verified by us if we process personal information about you and, if so, to access your personal information and information
- Right to get corrected personal information: If you find that personal information we treat about you is inaccurate, you have the right to make us correct such personally identifiable information.
- Right to delete personal information (the right to be forgotten): Under certain circumstances, for example, if your personal information has been processed illegally or you have withdrawn your consent (if processing of your personal information is based on your consent), you have the right to request and delete your personal information from us.
- Right to limit processing: under certain circumstances, i.e. If you contest the accuracy of your personal information or if you object to our legitimate purpose to process your personal information, you are entitled to request that we limit the processing of your personal information until a solution has been found.
- Right to protest against processing: under certain circumstances, i.e. if you contest our legitimate interest in processing your personal information, you have the right to object, for reasons relating to your particular situation, against such processing.
- Right to data portability: If your personal information is processed automatically based on your consent or in the performance of our contractual relationship, you have the right to request that we provide you with your personal information in a machine-readable format for transmission to another data controller.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: You have the right to file a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information to your supervisory authority.
If our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time (however, it will not affect processing based on your consent before withdrawal) by contacting us or by updating the settings in the Service. (where relevant).
Please contact us using the contact details below to make a request for your rights. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 30 days of receiving such a request. If we cannot comply with your request within 30 days, we will let you know about this, the reason for the delay and when we expect to be able to meet your request.
Also, be aware that you can change your contact preferences on the "Settings" page if you do not want to receive certain types of information from us. You can also do this at any by contacting us at [email protected]
We are subject to and bound by General Regulation (EU) 20116/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on Data Protection ("GDPR"), Law No 429 of 31 May 2000 on the processing of personal data ("Personal Data Act") and Act No. 227 of 22 April 2002 on Information Society Services, including certain aspects of electronic commerce (the "e-commerce Act").